A Havelock man was arrested last week after leading law enforcement on a slow chase from Cape Carteret to Havelock.

A Havelock man was arrested last week after leading law enforcement on a slow chase from Cape Carteret to Havelock.

Kevin Andrew Arje, 33, of Havelock, has two sets of charges against him. The Cape Carteret Police Department has charged Arje with exceeding the posted speed limit, driving on a revoked license, resist, obstruct and delay of an officer, and failure to yield to blue light and siren.

Havelock Police have charged Arje with felony speeding to elude arrest, driving while license revoked, careless and reckless driving, and failure to maintain lane control.

Officer Joshua Hayden of Cape Carteret said Arje was driving a 2010 Kia passenger car when he was observed speeding on N.C. 24 at about 8:45 p.m. on July 30.

Hayden, who was patrolling in a marked patrol car with fellow officer Bill McKinney, said he turned on his blue lights but Arje failed to stop.

Arje never went more than 65 mph in the chase that went east on N.C. 24 and then up Nine Mile Road and Lake Road to Havelock.

Havelock Police deployed two sets of Stop Sticks on Lake Road and the intersection of Lake Road and Miller Boulevard. The sticks shredded Arje’s two front tires, but he continued to drive on Miller Boulevard and U.S. 70 through Havelock and back into Carteret County, Hayden said.

“He was coming up on the railroad tracks near the car dealership and he finally slowed to a stop and just sat there,” Hayden said.

Hayden said the chase involved Cape Carteret police, N.C. Highway Patrol, Carteret County Sheriff’s Department, Craven County Sheriff’s Office and Havelock police.

Hayden said that officers approached Arje with their guns drawn, but Arje refused to get out of the vehicle and had to be removed.

Arje was initially transported to Carteret General Hospital in Morehead City where a doctor checked him out. He was then sent to the Carteret County Jail in Beaufort under a $1,500 bond, Hayden said.

Arje has an extensive record, according to the N.C. Department of Corrections website, including convictions for felony common law robbery and felony assault along with numerous misdemeanors going back to 1999. He was released in December 2010 after spending nearly five months in jail for a conviction of assault on a female.

His court date in Carteret County on the most recent charges is Aug. 20.